Joe talks about Connect.me & the story behind creating the site & the purpose behind building trusted networks. Discovery through your social graph! He also spoke about obtaining funding for the startup. They obtained angel funding the bulk of which came from Seattle & Swisscom (the only startup in a seed round). He spoke about the challenges of pitching their business. He spoke about how much leg work & practice goes into raising a round! He gave a few tips to become more successful at getting funded. Get feedback!
The New Value Movement Panel @Future of Money & Technology Conference: Dan Robles, The Ingenesist Project; Joe Johnson, Connect.me; Patrick Murck, Engage Legal w moderator Dr Amy Vanderbilt, TrendPOV.com
Mobile panel @Future of Money & Technology Conference w Vincent Kadar, Telepin & Chris Battles, Intuit & Steve Schultz, Pageonce & Ray Ramilosa, Boku with Tom Krazit, GigaOm moderator. Video credit to Silvia Matheus.
- How Loud Is Your Environment? ~ Sheila Singh (elephantjournal.com)
- Wine Blog Questions…and Answers (fermentation.typepad.com)
- Twitter Moves Ahead of Blogs in Fortune 500 (billives.typepad.com)
- Atrium Staffing Ranked Among 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned Companies (sys-con.com)
- Corporate Sponsorship (or not) (owsanalysis.wordpress.com)
- Dogster Gets A SAY Media Makeover (techcrunch.com)
- VideoEgg to buy Six Apart, rename itself Say Media (news.cnet.com)
- The New Value Movement #futureofmoney (ezebis.com)
- Twitter becomes a key real-time tool for campaigns (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- The Movement Continues… (wittypixaday.wordpress.com)
- Zach Klein On His New Startup: DIY, A Community and App For Kids Who Make (betabeat.com)
- Startup Weekend Kansas City Recap (fullcontact.com)
- The Jig Is Up: Time to Get Past Facebook and Invent a New Future (antiworldnews.wordpress.com)