We really enjoyed @Social-Loco Conference & this is video of the investment segment (our favorite segment of all the conferences of course) in two parts.
2010 saw a surge in venture funding of social-loco companies, with investors looking to get a piece of both new companies & established players. But what does it take to create corporate value in this growing space….& how will startups compete with the growing power of the big location platforms like Google, Microsoft & Facebook. What are vcs, angels & CorpDev people thinking about the Social-Loco space?
Moderator Marc Prioleau, Prioleau Advisors @mprioleau Panelists: Stewart Alsop, Alsop Louie Partners @salsop ; John Malloy, Blue Run Ventures ; Kent Goldman, First Round Capital @kentgoldman; John Lily, Greylock Partners @johnolilly
and Part II
- Social-Loco Conference 2011 Mashup #Socioloco (ezebis.com)
- Laura Czajkowski: LoCo Team re approvals are underway (lczajkowski.com)
- Loco Luke’s Luscious Lads Is Back (therainbowpost.com)
- Alsop Louie Channels Its Inner Geek With IPv6 (blogs.wsj.com)
- LocoPing Will Remember Where You Were & Who Was Around You (socialtimes.com)
- Social-Loco: The convergence of the social web, mobile and local business (venturebeat.com)
- Mashup TIE Conference 2011 #TIECon (ezebis.com)
- Daily Lexeme: Loco-Foco (schott.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Goodness Mfg. Wins ING Direct (adweek.com)